Ask anyone with their ear to the thriving scene in Tel Aviv who the most consistent producer and DJ to emerge in the last two decades is and you’re likely to repeatedly hear the same name; Chicola.
With an admirable career stretching over 20 years with no sign of winding down, he’s a long-time player in the game. Boasting releases on labels in the likes of Lost & Found, microCastle, Sudbeat and Suruba, Chicola represents a style that truly transcends genres and consistently reaps support from the industry’s most highly regarded artists.
His latest creation on fellow Israeli confidant Guy J’s Lost & Found label, ‘Childhood’, is no exception and can most accurately be described as a heart-melting melancholic journey. Music to treasure and hold close to your heart.
With the original version garnering support from the likes of John Digweed, Khen, Sébastien Léger, Jeremy Olander, Guy Mantzur, Nick Warren, Hernan Cattaneo all the way to three-time RA Top 100 winner Dixon, there’s hardly a stronger testament to that claim.
1. Chicola – Introspheric [Unreleased]
2. Guy J – Bungalow [Bedrock]
3. Hacker & Miethig – Sambal [Crossfrontier Records]
4. Khen – Authentica [Lost & Found]
5. Chicola – Never Smile [Unreleased]
6. Chicola – Rock The Bells [Tenampa Recordings]
7. Chicola & Sahar Z – Hallucinate [Rusted]
8. Dizharmonia – Dizharmonia [Blindfold Recordings]
9. Brian Cid – Tempestad [microCastle]
10. Guy Mantzur, Roy Rosenfeld – Hidden Karisma [Systematic]
11. Chicola – Childhood [Lost & Found]